View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
cindersellie
Tiny♥HoldsLotsOfLove
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
The governor of Pennsylvania enacted some great kennel laws, after the Oprah show did an expose on Pennsylvania puppy mills. Now Pennsylvania has some of the best laws in the country regarding kennel conditions. If a facility is licensed, chances are they are at least getting some vet care and are being treated in a humane fashion. However, you don’t need a license to sell over the internet directly to the public, and these places that sell over the internet are the worse puppy mills you can imagine. My advice is don’t look for a bargain, try to find a breeder that is breeding for the right reasons and not just to make a buck, but because she really believes she has something to offer the breed. Go visit the breeder in person and don’t overlook the YTCA breeder referral for finding a breeder. Here's a link: Breeder Listing
I agree with Nancy. I wish all states would make better laws. Ohio has a ton of puppy mills still Look around with your eyes 1st, then if all looks ok, look at the pups with your heart
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!