View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
EvaNoel
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
I so hope it helps Bella. Just keep reading and reading until you get a good handle on how to be a positive pack leader. You don't need to yell, discipline with aversives or use anything but your body attitude and voice, hand gestures and a sense of self-confidence to teach the dogs what you want. Pack animals love a strong, fair leader who is consistent. Training will help your dogs learn to highly respect you and want to do what you say and helps stop so many self-confidence problems as the dog works and learns and achieves goals and that can help Bella not to be as uncertain about things in general, too. Good luck to you and your little pack.
I don't do the discipline thing, but I do reward good behavior with a treat or verbal praise. However, I did notice a couple of mistakes I've made. First, I didn't realize that Bella was coming to me for reassurance when Eva and Doc are play fighting, but then she did it again this afternoon, and suddenly the "light" went on. She wanted me console her, she just doesn't like their play fighting. And the other thing was me putting the puppies in their kennels to feed them, but not taking the food up after they had finished. That's when my little Doc was going in their kennels and cleaning up the food! No wonder he's gained so much lately the little fatty!

Thank you, Jeanie!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!