View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #10
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb1 View Post
I have tried almost everything to help with their skin issues......use All Free & Clear detergent to wash all of our clothes and bedding, tried many shampoos and conditioners including medicated, give only green beans, apples or banana for treats. The air is not dry here anymore because it has been raining off and on for weeks, so it is not dry, winter air........the only thing left is the food. The reason I think it is the food is Tatiana's skin was fine until I began switching her over to BB Freedom! It only comes in the chicken/potato formula. I am thinking it might be the protein..... I do not want to switch foods, but I am at a loss as what else to do. My vet is calling today to talk and see if we need to do a skin scraping. Any other ideas?
I'm just curious...what were you feeding prior to BB? Don't you give them chicken mixed in their kibble? I'm wondering if it's chicken, or some other ingredient that BB has in it. Maybe compare the ingredient list between the food you were feeding before & the BB? I know that Yoshi had a reaction to Acana Grasslands. But he isn't allergic to lamb. He eats other brands of lamb-based food & is fine. I was never able to pinpoint the exact ingredient in Acana that caused him trouble. So we just stay away from that brand - all formulas. Did she clear up at all when she was on her chicken & rice diet?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!