View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #5
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I'm so sorry to hear that those skin issues haven't cleared up yet Maybe it's from laundry detergent or something? I don't know...I'm sure you've considered something like that by now. It's just odd that they both have the same symptoms. Poor little babies. I hope they get better soon!

Anyway, I fed Earthborn Holistic for a long time. It's one of the only types of kibble that Mr. Finicky will eat plain. We switched to this when Yoshi had a reaction to last year's Acana formula change. I was looking for a food without alot of fluffy ingredients. We ate the Grain-free Primitive Natural & the regular (not grain-free) Small Breed formula. The pups definitely preferred the Primitive Natural. The kibble size is a little larger than BB, and not as thick. The Small Breed kibble is tiny. My pups did really well on this food. I liked it because of the first 5 ingredients, 3 are meat meals. No protein from peas & other "protein fillers". They also coat their kibble with probiotics. I think it has a way above average ingredient list & I was really happy with the food. Yoshi eventually decided that he didn't like it anymore...typical Yoshi. But now that you reminded me of it, I might grab a small bag of the Primitive Natural over the weekend. Good luck with the food! I've seen a lot of $2.99 sample bags in different stores around here. And on the back, there's a coupon for $2 off a bag.

Just a note on the recall thing...last week, there was a recall on Great Life Grain-Free Buffalo. Great Life is right next to the Earthborn Holistic in my food store. When I first heard about the recall, I automatically thought of Earthborn Holistic. Taylor, I don't know how your food store is laid out, but maybe that's why you associated Earthborn Holistic with a recall. There are soooo many recalls now! It's so hard to keep track of them all!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!