View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

My little Gracie was given to me by my former breeder. She was a gorgeous little girl with the most amazing temperament. She had been kept by her breeder because she fell in love with her personality and looks, and she hoped Gracie would get bigger. Fortunately, Gracie remained much too tiny to breed, and she asked me if I would take her. I had her two sisters already (same sire but different mothers), and she knew Gracie would be completely protected and adored. Gracie had already been debarked, and although it completely broke my heart, Gracie loved life and was such a happy little girl. Her bark was not loud, but Gracie surely had her voice. When we got her, her bark sounded like a soft sounding cough, not the raspy sound that I heard from other dogs who were debarked. Gracie was able to develop her bark, and although it was much softer than my other two, she barked nonstop a lot of the time. I think I was so happy to hear her bark that I didn't do much to correct her from barking. Gracie had terrible tracheal issues from the time she was little, but there wasn't much in life that stopped Gracie. Still, I always wondered if the de barking caused her trachea issues. I'll never know the answer to that. Despite all of this, Gracie was a true gift, a very, very special little girl like no other. I would never choose to debark my pup, but the day Gracie entered our lives was a precious and life altering one for us. I hope your pup brings you the happiness, love, and laughter that Gracie brought to us. She was simply amazing.

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!