Thread: Ticks and fleas
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
sportschick
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I wouldn't worry about it too much. We walk through woods, tall grass, dog parks, etc, constantly. We live on 3 acres with 90 acres of farmland behind us that we often explore. Also, our local trails all mostly through wooded areas (he's on leash). I haven't really seen a lot of ticks to be honest even though Maryland is usually REALLY bad.

The one year when he tested pos for Lymes was when I was using Frontline - I swear it turned him into a tick magnet. I was pulling them off left and right almost every day. Once I switched to Advantix, we didn't see much anymore. I applied a dose 3 weeks ago on him when it started warming up and I think it lasts a lot longer than they say ... I'll probably give him one more dose in July and that should be good enough for the remainder of the summer.

Otherwise, I just check him (and I) over every night.
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. I went to the Mutt's Nose Best website and bought their tick me off shampoo. She gets a bath at least a couple of times a month, so next time I take her in, I will have them use that shampoo. I also bought the stick balm, she gets really dry spots on her belly and groin that she licks and they turn into almost sores, and I didn't know what to put on them and this stuff seems like it will help her. The vet said it might be some kind of allergy to pollen or something. Anyway, I am looking forward to getting these products.

I am also going to be much more vigilant about spraying her with the natural flea and tick repellant stuff.

Thanks for the info!!
sportschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!