View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Welcome to YT! Bless you for taking this little one in & I hate to hear he took a tumble and got hurt. I have steps for mine to get on & off the bed and other people have several sets of steps for bedroom, den sofa, etc. Teach him to go up and down, and this will help prevent future injuries. (Looking at what your other 2 dogs are, you may already have steps. I don't put mine up on any tables except the grooming table, and I always keep a hand on him, but he has jumped off the top of the recliner before and scared us to death!)
As for the barking at the fence, I will let some experienced trainers address this. I know there are ways with positive reinforcement and repetitive, consistant training that this behavior can be changed. Just remember, yorkies respond well to positive reinforcement and poorly to negative, which is why I can't help you train because my stop barking attempts with my little one have a tendancy to end in a loud "be quiet!", which is the wrong way! Good luck! And if you succeed, please post how, so I can try again!

Last edited by Marhcarter; 05-06-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Marhcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!