View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
furrybaby
Senior Yorkie Talker

Omg Furrybaby's Day Out! Thank Goodness Survived!

Furrybaby's 6 months now and I'm so grateful lived to see it!

It's been a little warm here. I've learned from a previous experience that when Furrybaby gets warm/overheated, Furrybaby gets a bout with the runs!
Two months ago I tried to order a new purse carrier for Furrybaby in preparation but still haven't gotten it yet! We take weekly day trips and the bag we have is better suited for winter and isn't overly discreet. To compensate for the indiscreet bag, I put the bag into a beach type bag made by Estee Lauder. Originally, I just used the Estee Lauder bag but I've got a stander...nothing like walking in the mall when someone pops up the top to say hello. Or in a restroom while hanging on the hook, too funny...The restaurant we decided to eat lunch at Monday must have forgotten to turn on the a/c. It was a little warm so I kept the beach bag open to let air into the carrier but Furrybaby got overheated. After we ate, I took FB out of the bag and sat in the a/c in the car until the next stop, a popular home improvement store. I decided we didn't need the beach bag so just had Furrybaby in the carrier where ventilation could get right into the bag.

In the home improvement store my husband, who has the car keys and I are separated at opposite ends. Walking around Furrybaby urgently tries to get out. I'm saying no when all of the sudden, a horrible odor comes from the bag...I'm first giggling, "furrybaby, you farted!" Then I realize, Furrybaby has to go poo! Then it happened! It was horrible and urgent! I didn't have Furrybaby's harness and leash, they're in the car and I don't have the keys! I couldn't find my husband, who has the car keys, and our cell phones wouldn't work in the store! I decided to rush outside, set Furrybaby on the ground and shield Furrybaby from running away! Yes, Furrybaby runs away when not leashed and I don't know why or how to stop it!!!!! I take Furrybaby out to see there is diarrhea on the furry butt and the bag and the smell is enough to knock me off my feet! The area I'm going to set Furrybaby down is 10-15 feet from a busy 4 lane road, Furrybaby was crying so I take Furrybaby out of the bag and set FB on the ground and BAM! Furrybaby takes off a running into TRAFFIC!!!! Eyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeye!!!!!! Furrybaby is hauling, I'm hollering, "STOP! STOP!!!!" To no avail, Furrybaby makes it through two lanes when the light had turned and the traffic is coming, kid you not, 2 feet from a tire(I almost had a head on with a car and I wasn't driving!) the car kindly stopped just missing running over FB while I'm crying, "MY PUPPY!" (thinking I'm having a purse made and won't be having a puppy to go in it!) I'm still not able to catch FB! Furrybaby takes off, over the medium grass,(I'm physically NOT suppose to run so can't catch up! it was a unreal!!!) Furrybaby makes a "sliding into 3rrrrrrd" across the road going the opposite direction, traffic is now coming from that side, FB darts through the last lane...having run out of lanes, decides to turn around and yield to me! I quickly pick up FB, holding FB away from me because furry butt is covered in diarrhea and the carrier still in my other hand I quickly make it across the medium grass crossing traffic to make it back to parking lot when the 3rd car back passes, a taxi, the driver yells out(not knowing there's diarrhea on the fur butt, "GiVE IT HUG!" lolol It didn't dawn on me to use the bag strap as a temporary leash until NOW!

I stand at the car thinking, what to do, what to do??? Can't go inside the store like this, can't get inside the car...finally, it dawned on me to go to the garden area and ask to borrow a hose and water. Washed everything out good, didn't get what I went for but I had my dear Furrybaby...I almost lost my precious Furrybaby!!!! Then, I was so overheated and upset(I didn't cry, was too shocked!)I went home sick. I expected something like this to happen to someone else but NEVER EVER ME!!!!!! It was horrible! Furrybaby almost died!!! I'm so grateful Furrybaby was spared! I love my Furrybaby!!!

I hope something like this never ever happens again! Anyone else have a runaway pup???
furrybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!