View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
randi88
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
DE can be absolutely wonderful if used correctly. Of course it has to be food grade. I wouldn't be too worried about the "can consume, but don't inhale" part. I mean, that's true about any water or food - we can consume it, but water and food are not safe to be inhaled into our lungs .

If you're going to give it, moisten it and/or give with some moistened food. Btw, lots of people take food grade DE themselves...it has a lot of benefits.
Thank you so much! That makes a lot of sense. She did keep stressing that it HAD to be food grade and showed me a bag of it. She did also mention that people could take it mixed in water as well. This makes sense to moisten it first.

To everyone else don't worry I will be going over this with my vet at our appointment next week before I even consider trusting the advice of the breeder. Thank you for all of the information I really appreciate it! I still don't know if I want to do this for her but it's good to know she is not in any direct danger from it happening. My fear was that she had come in contact with it and it was dangerous.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!