Thread: I'm new here :)
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
ChristyL
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default I'm new here :)

Hello, I'm new to this forum and to Yorkies. I am married, a Mother of 3 little girls and a crafter. We have a Miniature Schnauzer named Maizie. She is 17 months old and so precious! We are bringing home a new baby girl Yorkie on May 18th. We are so excited to get her! I was told that her parents are between 3-5 lbs so I guess she will be a teacup. I am hoping she grows a little bigger than that. I wasn't looking for a particular size of Yorkie. I have been looking for quite a while and she is the only local Yorkie pup I have found. We are not sure what to name her yet. I am also on a Schnauzer forum and getting advice on how to introduce our schnauzer to the new pup. Maizie has not been around too many dogs except for my brothers Doberman. She is a little intimidated by him because he is so large so she lashes out at him when she sniffs her. We saved 2 tiny kittens from being hit by a car last Summer and Maizie did well with them. She did put her mouth on them but it was very gently. She was just trying to hold them still. She is very curious and will want to play with this pup so I will be on guard and never leave them alone until the pup is a bit bigger and Maizie is fully used to her. Any peice of advice would be very helpful

Last edited by ChristyL; 05-04-2013 at 09:27 AM.
ChristyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!