View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha2334829 View Post
I was told to just leave the food out for him to eat as much as he wants until he's a little older, but I'm not sure how much water he needs during the day. Should I leave out water as well or should I give him water a certain amount of times a day? I would think if he had access to it all day that it would hinder the potty training process. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Limiting water intake to facilitate potty training, is the flip side of withholding food to regulate how large the puppy will grow. Both are completely unacceptable. An 8 week old puppy is actually still about a month away from being psychologically as well as emotiuonally and physically developed enough to be weaned and to be taken from mom and littermates without the possibility of experiencing "issues" later in life....my pups are not forced to be weaned at this age...momma is still working and dictating to her baby how much baby will be allowed to nurse.. To compound the problems this baby may be facing in it's future, by restricting availability of water, is not prudent.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 05-04-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!