Thread: Puppy food!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #4
MandiesMom
and Shelby's too
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentleysmom1985 View Post
I've been searching the forum for puppy food and now I am even more confused than before! Ok so I've been reading a lot about different brands and it is sooo overwhelming. There's Blue Buffalo, Natural Balance, Orijen, EVO, etc etc I dont know which one to pick for my puppy!

He's 6 weeks old and 2lbs right now ... I am picking him up in two weeks, the breeder is giving me his puppy food which I am thinking about changing gradually... But which one should I pick for him?

And also what puppy treats would be good for him? I've read about cheerios, baby carrots, but is is good for puppies!? Thanks!
What puppy food is he on now at the breeders? If it isn't a quality food, then definitely swith gradually. Basically, you'll probably have to just try different ones until you find the one that he likes best. I had Mandie on Blue Buffalo Puppy until a few weeks ago and she has always loved it. And, I trust it.

Cheerios are a good treat. I think baby carrots might be a stretch for now..as he gets older, they are great though. They act as a snack/treat AND a hard(ish) chew to hopefully help any stubborn baby teeth come out. I'd probably stick with Cheerios and maybe Blue Bits by Blue Buffalo for now. Not sure about anyone else, but for me, I'd hold off on carrots until about the 4 month mark..jmo

Also, I just noticed that you are picking him up at 8 weeks old. Is there any way he could stay with the breeder a little longer as it's best for small breed dogs to stay with their mom and litter mates up to 12 weeks of age. If it is possible, I highly recommend doing that ok? You'll be a lot happier and so will your pup
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!