View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I have heard of doing this but I have not done it...for no other reason than I think it is too harsh on the intestinal walls....may not be accurate, but it is justification enough for me!!!
Found this write up......
".....Thankfully, natural DE is not a “poison”, but a natural method of eliminating parasites by dehydrating them. Since parasites are a major cause of disease in everyone – human, plants, and animals. There are also the other great health benefits of feeding natural DE such as strengthening the immune system, detoxification of heavy metals, provides 15 minerals, and eliminates any worms you and they may have.
When recent traditional worming methods cause disease, chemical (aka poison) wormers must be detoxified from the system as the flood of dying parasites emit toxins, such as viruses, bacteria, ammonia, plus the poison in the wormer can harm and even kill the animal, especially those with compromised immune systems due to illness.
Dosage:
Puppies less than 10 lbs. – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
Puppies 10 to 19 lbs. – 2 teaspoons
Dogs 20 to 50 lbs. – 1 to 1.5 tablespoons
Dogs 50+ lbs. – 2 tablespoons
*Humans – 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons daily (1 tbsp. AM, 1 tbsp. PM)
For puppies and kittens who are eating on their own, it is really easy to feed them food grade diatomaceous earth by mixing the DE in a small amount of raw goats milk (or whatever milk you prefer), yogurt, or cottage cheese. I personally prefer yogurt since you don’t chew it. I mix it in to little buffalo meat balls for my boys and girls. Just remember, DE has to come in contact with the worm/parasite/bug to kill it within 24 to 72 hours. Once you start worming with DE, do NOT stop the daily DE for at least 3 weeks. IF you start one day and forget for 3 days, the infestation and dead dying worms which emit bacteria, toxins, ammonia, etc. can cause toxic overload, which can make animals or people sicker.Feeding DE to young pets – kittens, puppies, birds, goats, etc. as soon as they start eating on their own has shown to help prevent stool eating, dirt eating, rock eating, coccidia and giardia.".........

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 05-03-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!