View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #180
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Howard View Post
I just wanted you to know that I just lost a 9 1/2 yr old yorkie to LS. When she was finally diagnosed she was pretty low. She had been in the vet twice for IVs where she was becoming dehydrated, having seizures, not eating, uncoordinated. I started googling and came upon a group, Liver Shunt Dogs, and the owner's name is Olga. She gave me invaluable advice and supplements to help fight the Liver Shunt, but Zoey was too far along and didnt make it long enough for me to get the supplies she needed. This is a lady who has helped save a lot of LS Dogs. If this is what Tibbe is suffering from
she would be a great asset for you. One of the first things she had me do was buy PediaSure Sidekicks in vanilla and give Zoey for strength. Unfortunately she was too low for that to work and when we went back in for another IV, we lost her. Good Luck with Tibbe. I hope you can get him on meds, diet, and maybe some supplements to help him, if the vet thinks he is not a candidate for surgery. Zoey was too old at 9 1/2.
Thank you so much, Julia. I'll ask her internist, Dr. Carmenn, about Olga of Liver Shunt Dogs and about the PediaSure Sidekicks. Since his life is at risk, I want to explore all possibilities and help for him but basically go along with what the vets say first and foremost unless they seem to be going off on some odd tangent. But I will certainly check Olga and that website out and see what is suggested there and work with the vets to see if it is something good for Tibbe's case. And thank you again for the tips. I am so sorry to hear about how badly things turned out for Zoey. It is so painful and awful to lose a dog at anytime but after almost 10 years of them in our lives, I'll bet that was an awful trauma for you. Stories like yours sure do make us want to hold these babies close and thank the Lord for every moment we have with them. God bless.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!