View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #179
Julia Howard
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I just wanted you to know that I just lost a 9 1/2 yr old yorkie to LS. When she was finally diagnosed she was pretty low. She had been in the vet twice for IVs where she was becoming dehydrated, having seizures, not eating, uncoordinated. I started googling and came upon a group, Liver Shunt Dogs, and the owner's name is Olga. She gave me invaluable advice and supplements to help fight the Liver Shunt, but Zoey was too far along and didnt make it long enough for me to get the supplies she needed. This is a lady who has helped save a lot of LS Dogs. If this is what Tibbe is suffering from
she would be a great asset for you. One of the first things she had me do was buy PediaSure Sidekicks in vanilla and give Zoey for strength. Unfortunately she was too low for that to work and when we went back in for another IV, we lost her. Good Luck with Tibbe. I hope you can get him on meds, diet, and maybe some supplements to help him, if the vet thinks he is not a candidate for surgery. Zoey was too old at 9 1/2.

Julia Howard
Julia Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!