View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #8
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llutz View Post
Just had Enzo at the Vet for a check u only because we just got him 2 weeks ago and I wanted some reassurance that everything was good. Although I didn't get the warm and fuzzies from this new Vet, he did say Enzo is healthy.

They clipped Enzo's nails, or I guess taught me how, which by the way, Enzo hated! Please any suggestions on how to make it stress free for BOTH of us would be appreciated

In addition he mentioned his top gums were a bit red, I'm not sure what kind of dental routine his other owners had, but same thing....any and all tips for teeth brushing please!

Lastly, they told be Blue Buffalo wasn't really the greatest puppy food for him, and sent me home with the Vet brand... Hill I believe.

Please spred your knowledge and help me!
When we first got her, Toki went through several bags of the Blue Buffalo Chicken and Oatmeal for SB puppies and the BB Wilderness and did very well on them. I like Blue Buffalo and all of our family dogs have done well on the various varieties. I've heard that BB doesn't agree with some dogs but this has not been our experience.

With that being said, Toki is currently eating Hill's Ideal Balance and also doing really well. There are certain Hill's/Science Diet formulas that I prefer over others but you really just have to pick something that your dog does well on. My vet also recommends Hill's or Royal Canin just out of default because she knows it's something she's seen tons of dogs do well on. She's never pushed those brands on me though and only recommended them when there was a medical reason to do so and we needed a Rx food.

As for the nail trimming, at over 1 1/2 years, that is still something I haven't ever successfully done. It's my fault entirely since I'd rather pay for someone else to do it quickly instead of getting into a wrestling match with Toki lol She seems fine when the pros grind her nails but is not a fan of me doing the job...she takes my treats and bolts off!

Good luck with your pup!
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!