View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #10
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

I don't have neutered dogs, but I do believe based on various studies that neutering is often associated with weight gain. So that is one point.

As exercise levels decrease, so should the amount of caloric intake, in order to keep your dog in a nice trim state.

I almost always pre measure food amounts and they are adjusted (if necessary) daily for activity levels. This is important to me, because with daily training, we can go through a fair number of "treats".

Soon we shall begin swimming, and dock jumping and on those days the boys get three meals a day. It means their food is bumped up by about a third. With a 30 minute swim/or dock jump time they will burn up a whole lot of calories and have loads of fun doing so. So after swimming, they are fed on site, and then we go home. And of course they have dinner too.

My dogs have yet to gain weight - but I have only one senior dog, and one still young.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!