View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #171
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Cry Tibbe's Bile Acids Are High.

Tibbe had diarrhea on his doggie steps around 8:43 am, about 1/5 - 1/4 cup and I called the vet, they are in surgery but the vet said to bring him in. When I got there he told me his BAT was high and he called Dr. Carmenn Woolley at the Lake Ray Hubbard Referral Center and Emergency Pet Care Center and he'd need to be stabilized, started on some meds and then get another type of contrast type imagine test I think he said. It sounds very expensive. And then I think is when he goes in to see Dr. Woolley. I asked what his levels are and my short term memory is zilch from lack of sleep and stress. Now that I'm home, I think he said it was 60 on one and over 100 on another or vice versa, which was fasting and which not I wasn't sure. I'll find out more later when I pick Tibbe up. They were starting him on a shot of Cerenia, Metronizide(?) or something like that and IV and observation. They copied all my Tibbe Journal notes from all his itching, spitting up, diarrhea and notes all evening and through the night. I journaled his every behavior, every thing that happened timewise, etc., so the vet could get a good picture of how his evening and night went and when his meds were given, etc., and when he got some relief. Told him about all the water he drank since he got home last evening.

I know nothing about the BAT normal levels and what test he could be referring to and need some input on what you all know about this disease and what tests seem to be best at this point. I'm so in shock that he's so ill and but for Crystal/Ellie May, we would still be knocking around in the dark with all his other normal liver and other tests!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!