View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #8
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

OMG...............how absolutely horrible for her and of course, you. Lord knows, this could go both ways. I did have a little dog that was running aroun d the back yard like a tiny little maniac, and running fron the sunshine into a shadow, she was blinded and did not see a brick planter box...she hit that brick wall running flat out, and knocked herself out cold, and started having seizure activity. I snatched her up and fled to my vet....the very first thing they did was give her injections of medications that would prevent and reduce swelling in her brain....she was at the vet for 5 days, but she came out totally fine....no residual effects at all.
......before I made any decisions about stopping heroic efforts, and MRI of her brain would be in order....swelling in the brain can cause the seizures and the black outs....I am sure they are giving her meds to bring down the swelling in her brain.....if the swelling did not cause additional infarcted areas in baby's brain, and there is no brain damage, then when the swelling goes down, Khloe could come out none the worse for the ware. There could be issues of epelipsy in the future, perhaps not. If you have her at a really knowledgable vet, he will be able to guide you....sometimes it is hard to think they may be telling us things that we really need to consider having done and are not just strictly revenue generating tests....if you trust your vet, they wont do that to you and the tests they may feel are necessary, could be expensive and multiple....and that is where you personally have to decide how much you want to do. If it was me, I would do what could be done to restore that baby to living a full life....and I would do whatever was necessary $$$$ wise, to do that. I would ask the vet if they would allow me to make monthly payments. You can not realistically be expected to go through the kid's college fund, but I do push the boundaries of good sense when it comes to spending money on my dogs. I am praying for this baby.....poor little soul.....be strong and keep us updated on her prognosis and progress.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!