View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

I'm glad we caught Mimi's impaction in time...only 1 gland was pasty & impacted, no infection. It's so bizarre bc I check her glands once a week b4 her bath & this time, her glands didn't seem full, so I didn't express them. She started licking there, so I knew it was bothering her & I expressed them & only 1 side came out. I felt around & that area was flat, I couldn't feel anything so I thought she was ok. She continued acting agitated & kept looking back & licking the air.
Trying to figure out if it's her change in diet that caused this bc this never happened b4 & I don't want it to happen again. But they did say this happens to some older pets, so it can happen as she gets older too.

Thanks Kat for your tips & suggestions, will have to google 'panalog' to see what it is loll. Wow, poor Tink! So happy you took her in, what a wonderful story.
Thanks Kristin, Mimi is fine now, took 2 days for her to be ok enough that it doesn't bother her. If it ever happens again, I think I'll go ahead & do the laser therapy to ease her discomfort.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!