View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #15
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiegangslave View Post
omg! thank you, as stupid as it sounds i couldn't find that forum??!
So thank you, YT is pretty big! lol!
still trying to grasp it all!
again thanks!
I wish you luck with finding the videos. Preparation for the Show Dog is excellent.

I think you said you wanted to show. Some advice vs a vs grooming. Watch carefully how to just tip/trim the ears, also how the paw is shaped, and the amount of coat that you do leave on around the paw up to the ankle. Also the sanitary trim for the show dog.

Tip the coat ends every 2-3 wks after bathing. Buy the best quality shampoo and conditioner for washing the coat. Vellus might ship up to Alaska. #1 All Systems is another good line. Some folks love Coat Handler products. Biogroom has an excellent Silk Conditioner very good.Laser Lites has some good products - particularly "Silk" that can be diluted as a grooming spray or as an additive to your conditioner. Also invest in some wrapping jackets. If you train outdoors, consider sun damage (so wrapping jacket protects coat from sun), and booties.

You will need to purchase wrapping papers to wrap the coat as well.

Good luck in the ring.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!