View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #13
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I have my favorites, but I try not to let it show in front of the others....we go thru the same rituals every morning when we wake up or anytime I come home....these meet and greet sessions are always a priority, and they will line up around my feet for each one of them to be kissed and hugged and made a fuss over. I always whisper to each one, that THEY are my favorite. I always have a special time with each one, alone time, where we talk, some like to be brushed, some just like to be hugged and kissed on, some like to do tricks for treats..... Hopefully each one feels they are my favorite....it would break my heart if I thought someone was feeling less loved than anyone else.

Same here...mine all get special treatment...I love them all...each has its special attributes that I love them for over all the others. If I have/had a favorite, I would never let that connection interfere with the love and devotion each of the others gets. Sometimes, you do make a stronger connection with one than the others...often it is the dog (or cat)...or situation...that makes that connection happen.

It isn't wrong to be 'drawn' to one over the others...it is (morally) 'wrong' IMHO, however, to allow that connection to be detrimental to the others.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!