View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #9
AnneJ68
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post

Ohhh that little baby is going to be a spit fire! Jack Russel mixed with Terrier!! LOL
Welcome to YT. Yes, I agree that this will be one active baby. I researched several breeds prior to selecting a yorkie and yes the Jack Russel was on my short list.

I maybe shot over this suggestion since I don't know everyone's thoughts over the show but Animal Planet's Dogs 101 I think gives some really good overall information on dog breeds.

I would suggest maybe checking out the segments on both breeds, as well as a good book on both breeds.

101 on Yorkie

101 on Jack Russell

In addition to obedience training due to both breeds having propensity to being territorial, my biggest concern would be their exercise requirements. I have learned in just 2 months with my yorkie, a well played out puppy is a good (ok well better) puppy. JR's require A LOT of exercise and activity. You are going to have fun channeling the energy, but based on the good points of both breeds, you are in for a lifetime of fun and joy if you keep him/her on the right track. This won't be a get it and forget it type dog.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!