View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
Callie_s Mom
Yorkie Talker

Smile New here - Hi everyone!

Hello everyone. I am a new member and a new Yorkie Mom. I just wanted to say "Hi" and introduce myself and my crew.
I just adopted Callie from Save a Yorkie Rescue ( I know Marilyn, the founder, is a member here). Callie is such a sweet little girl! She weighs 6.5 pounds and right now her hair is cut very short. She is 7 years old, diabetic and has very limited vision due to diabetic cataracts. She is a feisty little one none the less! She is also my 3rd diabetic dog. I also have Leo, a 11.5 yr old Bichon who has been diabetic for almost 7 years and Sasha an almost 10 yr old Bichon who has also been diabetic for almost 7 years. We have had Leo since he was a puppy and when he became diabetic, I knew NOTHING about the disease! Talk about a crash course! We adopted Sasha 5 years ago, knowing she was diabetic. We also had Angel Ben, a Bichon who was Leo's littermate. He was the only Non-diabetic. Unfortunately we recently lost him to cancer. There will always be a hole in my heart with his name on it.

I also have 2 great kids. My son Ryan is 27 and lives close by. My daughter is 20 and away at college. Their dad and I have been married for almost 32 years.

We live in Indiana, PA, about an hour north east of Pittsburgh.

I have been a dog owner for many years, but Callie is my first Yorkie! I am anxious to learn more about the breed! I know I will have tons of questions, especially about grooming as I groom my own dogs.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!