Thread: 3 questions...
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
SD = Science Diet.

Are they eating anything else at ALL besides the SD?

Dogs can definitely make themselves ill when their owners are gone, but it sounds like this started before you were gone if I'm reading correctly?

So what are they eating now? Hamburger and rice?

Maybe a Royal Canin RX formula would be helpful in this situation.

I somewhat recall them eating Natural Balance in the past -- they have some very simple formulas, that may help.
Thanks Brit,
My husband and I read online while we were gone that HGE can be caused by stress thats why I asked. When I went to pick up my poodle at the vets tonight, I asked the vet and she said she has seen dogs make them selfs ill by stress but its usually vomiting not bloody diareaha.
Yes, my shelties vomiting started before we left but I didn't really put two and two together with the food until I asked. I dont want to think its the food, because they have always seemed to me to be a reputable company. :/
I have tried natural balance in the past and my dogs didnt take to it well but I may try it again.
Right now, my pup is eating puppy chow, my beagle is eating CC, ( none of my other dogs like it) the toy poodle needs to stay on chicken/rice for a few more days before I can transition her over slowly to something else. My sheltie is on hamburger/rice and my yorkie is on sd canned, they havent changed those yet.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!