View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 07:51 PM   #61
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red98vett
I wouldn't HARNESS a child (cept in a car seat).... but both my YORKIE girls have one on when they're out. Maybe Harnesses are cruel now also ? After all - it's a form of bondage.
Ha ha ha...I've met some little terrors (kids that is) that might benefit from a shock collar!
Actually, I ran into my vet this afternoon at the movie store and asked her about this. She said that WHEN PROPERLY adjusted, the shock that a dog feels from this is less that what humans feel when they used a TENS unit. (Don't know how many people know what that is.) I've had to use one of these several times and they don't hurt, but I can see how something like that would deter (sp?) a dog who is not capable of understanding the concept. So MY thinking (let me stress the MY part of that) is that, electrical impulses like this ARE used on humans...without damage.
Now, I know not everyone will agree/believe this, but I am just trying to give some imput from someone who actually has knowledge of this type thing--translate it as you will.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!