View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
Troublesmommy
Yorkie Yakker

Default Yorkies and bladder stones?

So my little boy had been not himself for several months, but he had no distinct symptoms of any kind. He was kind of irritable and a bit lethargic (as lethargic as a Terrier can get!) but he was eating and drinking and doing his bathroom business without issue. Then, he got some kind of "bug" that caused him vomiting and diarrhea so I took him to the vet. My fear was that he might have an GI blockage as we were sometimes bad parents and gave him rawhide. The vet weighed him and when he hopped off the scale he pottied, but he didn't seem to even know he did it - didn't hike the leg and it was just a dribble. They checked the urine left on the scale with a dipstick and it showed blood - although not visible to the naked eye. They x-rayed him and found no GI blockage (thankfully) but did find a large bladder stone! The poor baby had been growing this horrible, sea urchin-looking thing for quite some time! So it's now been removed and he is 100% back to his old self, TG! Anyone else have Yorkies with a bladder stone? (Still awaiting the pathology report to see how we need to modify his diet) I should also point out that we have a "teapot" variety Yorkie, he weighs 18 lbs and is just a big boy, but not fat, proportionate. He's in my avatar pic.

Thanks!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!