Thread: Ear Mites
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
Holly
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 036 Ear Mites

My boyfriend and I have recently been blessed with our new family addition - Benji. He is as cute as can be but has not come home without his problems. We have been relatively lucky in housebreaking him (with the occassional accident here and there) and getting him on a routine. Yet, he still doesn't know who's boss and tries to test my patience on a daily basis. Anyways, I went to the vet the other day because I noticed he has been scratching his left ear like crazy and noticed that it was inflammed. The vet gave me some ear drops for the infection as well as some meds for potential ear mites (even though the vet claims he didn't see any). I don't know anything about ear mites! I have read on various internet sites that they require more than one treatment to break the cycle and the vet only gave me one little tube. If anyone has any information about ear mites it would be greatly appreciated. In addition, how do I clean Benji's environment to ensure that he doesn't catch them again? We love our little Benji and just want him to be healthy.

Cheers,
Holly
Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!