Thread: 3 questions...
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Confused 3 questions...

Im not sure who has read my posts in the sick thread about my sick toy poodle, i could use some advice, suggestions etc.
In Feb, after many food changes I decided that I was going to switch my dogs over to SD products. I started out with toy and small breed, their new and improved formula. I have used SD products on and off for years and the only problems I have ever had was the dogs got smelly and needed frequent baths.
I only fed the toy formula to my toy poodle, yorkie mix, and my elder sheltie. They went thru 4 small bags, no problems. On the end of the 5th bag, my sheltie started throwing up, he was sick for about 3 days. I gave him boiled hamburgh and rice for about a week, he was back to normal, I started him on a SD sensitive stomach formula slowly and before left for our trip away he was fine.
When we were getting ready to leave I opened up a new bag of Sd toy formula and fed my poodle and yorkie mix. They both ate very little, I didnt think anything of it, they are snackers. That night (fri) is when my poodle got violently ill and almost bled to death from her rectum.
When we came back, from our trip ( early) my yorkie hadn't touch his food, my daughter had to give him chicken cause he wouldnt eat and my puppy who will eat anything she can get her mouth on wouldnt touch the sd food. :/
Yesterday, when I went to clean out the kennels ( were my dogs sleep at night and when were gone) I noticed that once again my sheltie who was eating the sd sensitive stomach had thrown up again. :/
I stopped feeding the SD.
What are all of your thoughts on this? I have contacted SD via email and have not heard back. I have cked online on consumer affairs and lots of issues like my dogs are being reported with the new formulas.
My next question is we always take my small dogs with me when we go away for the weekend, this time we couldnt but they were being taken care of by my daughter at home. Is it possible that my poodle stressed so much because we left her behind that she made herself sick?
3rd question now that she seems to be on the mend, what should I feed them now? I need something relatively low in protein and fat.
Thank you all. Sorry so long.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!