View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
MandiesMom
and Shelby's too
Donating Member

Clock "That time of year"

I hear a lot of people say, "Well, it's that time of year again. Getting warmer and mosquitoes are out. Time for heartworm meds again."

I think some vets would even say this considering what your climate is...

Well, whether it is "that time of year" or "it's needed yearly because it doesn't really get freezing here," everyone needs to remember that heartworm medicine is so important.

I'm in Alabama and we don't get super cold winters (for the most part). Therefore, my pups are always on heartworm prevention meds.

I brought up rawhides the other day and found out that some newcomers weren't aware of the dangers. I was so happy that I started the thread because I think it helped a couple of people.

Soooo, I'm starting this thread. Even if your dogs "never go outside," heartworm prevention is so very important. I sure hope everyone knows this. Trust me - even if *I* never went outside, I could still get a mosquito bite. I've gotten a few just inside my home before. Like it or not, bugs get inside when we open doors. Ever see a fly in your house? Yes? Well, same concept - mosquitoes can get in, too.

Have you ever seen a pup suffering from heartworms? Well, I have. It's brutal and it's sad. No, the meds don't eliminate. They help prevent.

We spend so much money on our babies. We advocate vets even on weekends or at night. We do all we can for their health. Please please please don't skip this simple and so very VITAL part of taking care of their health.

Get your heartworm prevention today if you don't have any! Your pup will love you for it (hey, Mandie loves her heartguard plus!!! it's like a special monthly treat to her hehe)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!