View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
bobohyde
Donating YT Addict

I love the snoozer seats. I wanted to point something out. I used to have the Snoozer console seat for 8 years for Columbo and recently got a new car. The console seat didn't fit this car, so I wanted a new car seat. The Snoozer console seat had about an inch thick foam on the bottom. On long trips, although he never complained, I used to think it probably wasn't that comfortable with only an inch padding on top of the hard console. So when I went to the pet store to look at the Snoozer Lookout seats for my new car, I immediately became aware that the regular Snoozer Lookout had a VERY thick foam cushion bottom and the Lookout II was much harder because it only has about an inch of foam on top of the hard plastic drawer in the bottom. The Lookout was much softer than the Lookout II. I got the regular Lookout because of that. When we are on long trips, I always take a separate bag for Columbo's things anyway and if I had the drawer and put his things in it, I would still need the separate bag to take in to where ever we were staying out of town. Around town, I don't take extras. I would recommend the regular Lookout for comfort. I did not get to see the Luxury Lookout in person, so if you definitely want the drawer, the Luxury looks like it has an extra pillow and would be more comfortable. Another thing to think about, though, is does your dog stand up much? When we are driving in our neighborhood, Columbo likes to stand up and look out at the neighborhood dogs. He also stands up whenever he gets excited about anything or if we are in stop and go traffic to see what's going on. The Lookout sides are deeper than the console seat we used to have and it looks deeper than the Luxury when the pillow is in. If the sides are a bit higher, it helps in stop and go traffic to keep him from falling if he is standing when I hit the brakes (yes, he wears his tether). In his console seat with lower sides, I had to watch him if he was standing in stop and go traffic and I would think the pillow of the Luxury would raise him up when he is standing. I love the regular Snoozer Lookout.

Last edited by bobohyde; 04-21-2013 at 03:41 PM.
bobohyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!