View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #14
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I had a lady call me about purchasing a puppy, two weeks after Hurricane Ike devastated this area. I recognized the area code as belonging to an area that had a manditory evacuation order. In our conversation, she told me where she was living, and I asked her, were you not told to evacuate out of there? She laughed and said yes, but she had never run from a hurricane in her life and she was not about to start doing it now......I told her I thought that decision was great, if she was the only one touched by it....and then I told her I could never sell her a puppy because I would never be able sleep if an evacuation order was given and she decided to stay there with that innocent little dog who was depending on HER to make intelligent decisions to keep that puppy safe. (A side note....when Ike came thru here, just about everyone of my owners contacted me to let me know they were safe and had evacuated the area! They knew I would be concerned, and they were thoughtful enough to notify me! I will never forget that!)
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!