View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 07:58 PM   #13
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

the breeder i got toby from was a groomer...... so im assuming he was used to it before he came to me because he LOVES bathtime and water, and the grooming is no sweat to him ....... its never really been an issue.... at first with the nails he would get a little nervous, but i would just talk soothingly (and have soothing music playing), and the clippers i have are very gentle, they vibrate a little while they are on so it feels like a massage... and once again i just talk soothingly....... if he gets kinda nervous i just wait until he is ready to start again and he will come right to me when he is ok..... he LOVES to be touched and pet and rubbed, and in my grooming i do alot of that..... i treat him like he is getting a full body massage, i guess i would love it too if that were the case ..... at first his hair was a little too short, but with everything else... it takes time to learn, now i can do it really quickly....... i think in youre case that is key (do it quickly) but maybe try getting him used to the clippers by turning them on but not USING them on him, just talking to him and petting him........
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!