View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #13
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I am so sorry your tiny pup is not doing well. Please read the following article, it might be helpful:
http://www.showpapillons.com/formula.htm

Does the pup try to suckle at all either from a dropper or a teat? I have used the glucose formula suggested in the article above and I have always been amazed how the puppies responded to it.

This is the glucose formula they recommend in the 10th paragraph of the article:
Quote:
As soon as the bitch is approaching parturition, we make a 5% glucose solution by mixing one teaspoon white corn syrup with a few grains each of sodium chloride (table salt) and potassium chloride (salt substitute) with four tablespoons boiled water. This resembles a Ringer’s glucose-sale fluid but, of course, cannot be used for subcutaneous or intravenous injection because it is not sterile. We put the solution into a dropper bottle. As soon as a whelp is dry and breathing normally, it is weighed on a gram scale and given five or six drops of the solution on its tongue. Even the weakest puppy is able to accept each drop before the next is given. Then the puppy is put with its dam for stimulation and warmth.
Another thing that works well is Nutri-drops but those have to be ordered from Revival.

I pray the puppy makes it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!