View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
LILYgirlandTAKA
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by princetonbaby View Post
I'm having a hard time. I took my boy in today to get a "big boy" cut. His puppy coat was long and unruly and he had grown out a few different colors. He is 8 months old. He was black and tan when I got him, but the roots on his head where almost white. As his body hair grew out you could pull the length of the hair out and see the different colors it went.

Strange. The tips were dark new puppy black, then a shocking white and then they grey into a grey color. I was okay with this. Thinking if they cut him short he would be grey body and light gold head.

I had NO idea his roots below the grey were white again. They just did a TERRIBLE job. They gave him a summer cut and basically just shaved his whole body and he is ALL white. There is a little bit of grey left on his back, but you can't really see it.

He looks naked and like a friggin chihuahua. I know some of this is the shock of seeing my baby like this. I made a bad decision. I should have just stuck with the puppy cuts and let his unruly body hair stay and maybe gave him a trim. He looks half his size now lol and cold! We living in Michigan, it's still not warm yet. Even when he was having baths, his body was dark. Now he's just... white.

I've never seen a yorkie like this? All the pics are on my phone but I'll email some to myself so I can post them.

I'm surprised at how sad I am right now.

I'm just ordering him a few more hoodies to hide what they did to him. No wonder she had me pay before she brought him back out to see me. I HATE it. I probably would have refused to pay. But I just wanted to get out of there and look at him at home.

I love my baby no matter what, but this is such a shocking change.

Wonder why he's so white. Its like a very pale goldish white, but there is no dark anywhere left on his body.

I didn't see his parents when I got him, but I'm going to call and ask how they are colored.

Has anyone else seen this ? Can anyone share any pics?
Same exact thing happened to Lily. If you look at my pictures she was completely black and had a lil tan and white, took her to the groomers for the first time and i asked for a puppy cut and they SHAVED her!! I was so mad! I was in NC at the time and it was freezing, she was constantly shaking. I bought her a blanket and sweater to help her out until it grew back. But she never did turn anywhere near black again. She is basically all white now that she's older but the black was so cute on her as a puppy. I know they are supposed to change colors as they get older but, like you, i wasn't expecting such a drastic change so soon.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!