View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #11
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
Momo found a chicken wing bone by the park b4 too! I had to pry it out of his mouth & he knows the 'drop it' command but ignores it, he found a treasure! We don't walk by the park anymore, just the surrounding residential 'cleaner' areas.

When Momo was 7 months old, he ate a queen palm fruit along w/the huge seed & had to have surgery to remove it. Since then, I watch him like a hawk when we're out. He'll pick up little rocks, leaves, paper, it seems like he does it more if I get upset. He'll pick anything up & drop it, widdle bugger, he likes playing w/me loll.

They have the gentle leader in small sizes, but not small enough for him. Think those would work much better than a muzzle, he has a very short snout w/super long tongue & it would be hard for him to breathe w/it on. Muzzles are not designed to be left on for a long period of time, esp on walks...

Link to Gentle Leader:
Gentle Leader Product Description - Premier Pet
Max is like Momo sometimes and will nip at things like weeds just to be a booger. The only thing he has scooped recently and ignored the leave it command was a round piece of bone, like the ones in steaks or hams. I was so scared that he would try to swallow the treasure quickly that I screamed. The fright in my voice made him spit it out.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!