View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
AnneJ68
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDearSam View Post
Could it be that he's getting bored? Does it happen more at a certain time of day? It could be that he just has a lot of pent up energy and needs a burn-off period with more structured play time.

Sam is alone during the day, and is an absolute wild child when I get home. We have at least 30 minutes of play time at night. He lives to play fetch, whether it's a tennis ball or a stuffed toy. I try to sneak in some training commands during the second half of our game. By the time we are finished, he's much different and much calmer.
Somewhat consistent with times. When my kids get off the buss my parents meet them to pass Bentley off to them until I get home about 90 minutes later. He goes nuts when I get home now. I try my best to tell him to settle down before I actually show him lots of attention.

The car is another issue. He love riding in the car. Thing is, he loves me more. I have him harnessed in the front passenger seat. He will lay down and relax and then all of a sudden it's MOMMY'S NEXT TO ME. lol The tether is too short for him to leave his seat, but he is able to reach over a paw at my arm. Usually I will talk to him and try to get him to calm down and scratch his head if he does.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!