View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

And while it's not likely, is the breeding so important that you are willing to risk your female's life to have that litter, which could be stillborn or a singleton. I speak as one who bred two different pet years ago. I lost my beautiful Doberman pet, Cobra - my best girlfriend - and half of her puppies. The other breeding was a singleton born of our white Pekingese, Panda. The pain and loss of my Dobie girl hurts to this day and the costs associated with losing those babies of hers enormous as one was stillborn, one barely saved after birth, one died day two before my eyes with the vet trying to save it and beautiful Cobra and the other two at the vets after we went home, leaving the rest of the little family hooked to tubes and machines for roundtheclock critical care. The cost in dollars was enormous, too, for Cobra and her pups care emergency care, IH care and then their burial. The singleton wound up with me paying a huge stud fee as there was no pick of the litter and then the vet fee for delivery care. We kept the little singleton and her mom, of course. But I will never forgive myself for unwittingly putting my beautiful girl's life at risk and seeing her go away because my husband and I wanted puppies. She had no say in the matter but she is the one who died. Just be prepared that this is something that happens to even the most reputable and skilled longtime breeders and if this dog is your pet and your friend, consider that you are potentially taking her life in your hands if you do breed her. I would hate to see you come on here after the fact and ask why no one warned you in practical terms and from firsthand knowledge. Is it worth the risk of your pet's life?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!