View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #11
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

[QUOTE=Britster;4183996]There is a lot of great research out there regarding this. I find it very interesting, however I think you will find health risks AND benefits to both (keeping intact or fixing). But I don't believe the factors on either side are great enough to make that much of a difference either way. To be honest, I just really don't think it matters THAT much (if fixed at a proper age). I would never fix a giant breed until they were at least 2 years of age. With smaller breeds, 7-8 months is what I prefer. I think anything younger than 6 months is ridiculous, and would never do it or recommend it if given the choice.

My future pets will always be fixed, just out of it being easier really. I just don't want to worry about an accident, and it's also easier to do doggy-related things when they are fixed. But I think it's wrong to assume a person with an intact dog is irresponsible.[/QUOTE]

..........until that person with the intact dog/dogs, especially males and females, "accidently" finds them tied three times! That is when "irresponsible" rears its ugly head!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!