View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Exactly. And not everyone agrees with holistic vets or their "interpretation" of science. I'll leave it at that and say that I believe that responsible pet ownership means spaying and neutering your pet as a puppy.
Frankly, I am not huge on holistic vets....but it was the other studies that I have researched and tend to pay attention to:
"A study conducted by the Royal Veterinary College in the U.K. points to a lack of hard evidence of a link between spaying/early spaying and a reduction in mammary tumors in female dogs.
The U.K. study was a systematic review based on internationally recognized Cochrane Review guidelines used in human medicine..."
I am big on evidenced based results and research and more and more, it is pointing to the validity of this theory. We also now know the importance in allowing full maturation of the growth plates....that was not something that was recognized even 8 years ago.... I think people need to research these surgeries and not blindly adhere to the popular "cut 'em young" practice....I am rethinking early spay/neutering, since I did my own research into the topic, and I have pushed back my parameters on the time line to allow for what seems to be proven healthier results for our babies.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!