View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
Melina Bea
Yorkie Yakker

Sherregowen - I am already wondering that! Just yesterday I told my partner "I miss him and I don't even have him yet!"

Yorkiedaze - Thanks for the advice. Puppy play groups charge, I assume because they have to pay for the space, as well as someone to supervise. They are privately run. Also, possibly because it seems everything here is expensive! I can't really start a group precisely because I'm new in the country and don't know anyone, but that is a great idea in the future, since I have a good-sized yard!

I'm hoping to meet some friendly people at the paid groups (puppy play school, obedience training, etc) who will want to do separate play dates. The local dog parks have a bad reputation, and I've JUST found out that I can't take my puppy on the bus with me! This is a first for me as the other countries I've lived in all allowed well-behaved pets on board, as long as they're on a leash. I can't drive, and the only dog parks are several suburbs away, so I'm starting to run out of options!

Fingers crossed I'll just meet people along the way interested in play dates. So far this has been a very isolating city, so I'm becoming more and more creative, in many ways, not just dog-related!
Melina Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!