View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynrosie View Post
That's about how far it was for me to pick up Ruby and Rosie. Liked everything you have...
B
1. At first I was going to say a leash and harness for potty breaks. As i forgot for both dogs when I picked them up BUT...I didn't stop for Ruby for potty break/stretches and I probably wouldnt have stopped as she hadn't completed her puppy shots so I didn't want her on ground that I was unfamiliar with (worried if any sick dogs had been there.) SO...I would suggest you have them bring a crate with puppy pads and let her go potty on the pad.

Thats a good idea, but knowing how excited they will be to finally be taking her home. I doubt that that will happen. I will definetly suggest that thou.

Something for puppy to chew on. Breeder gave me something for Ruby to chew on and when she wasn't sleeping she spent a good portion of the ride home chewing on it.

Let the pups spend time on the blanket going home with this puppy so it smells like her siblings.

Those two things are already included in her puppy packet.

My breeder also suggested I limit taking her places and people coming over to see her for the first week to allow her time to get accustomed to her new home. It was the piece advice I didn't listen to because I got Ruby the day before Christmas eve. I think thats why she got hypoglycemia because we were running running running that first weekend she was home.

That is normally something that anyone with a new pup would do. I have already told them about not having her around any other dogs or people with dogs before she has had all of her shots.

I bet that new family is soooooo excited to get thevpuppy home!!!
Yes, they are getting very excited !!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!