Thread: throwing up?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #13
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiesMom View Post
Hmm, my vet told me that they don't have to chew like we do. Said that our system needs our teeth to break down food to help it get the nutrients out and to digest it, but that a dog's system doesn't require that.

I'm not saying that he said "dogs don't have to chew"..just that they don't have to chew like we do (you know how people are supposed to chew "x amount" of times before swallowing..).

I know that in all my days of having a dog, whenever any of them threw up, their kibble was almost always whole. You could look at that 2 ways, I guess. lol 1) they don't chew well so that is when they throw up or 2) they never chew well and this shows on the rare occasion they throw up.

Anyway, that's what my vet told me years ago with another dog I had. So, I've always believed that to be the case. He could've been wrong...?
LOL- I believe my vet was saying it is easier on their digestive systems to process the food- I’m not sure what we were talking about.. Oh I think DH brought up the size of the kibble to him, this is when we were feeding Peanut Acana. My vet said for small dogs it is better they get small kibble..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!