Thread: Biting Hard
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Ldyrev1
Princess Sophie's Choice
Donating Member

Hi and thanks for your comments. I really do appreciate them! Sometimes you are just too close to a situation to see the forrest for the trees. LOL

Sophie has our mini-schnauzer, Hansel here at home and he's having a time with her biting too. They play together very well, both taking turns being on their tummies. So cute but Hansel does have to let her know that sometimes she just goes too far. I'm sure that helps. She has always nibbled on fingers and I just figured it was due to teething and lack of socialization. We can tell her "no bite", in a very firm tone of voice, without yelling, and she listeners. In fact, when she's playing and gets rough, she does stop biting right away when I say "ouch" or "no bite". I think it's more of a reaction to her play and being so very excited. I certainly don't want to make her docile as I think she's docile enough and this is really just a case of being excited and being a puppy. I will have to keep reinforcing that biting is not allowed. Other than that, I will also be more careful about grabbing her up from the floor when she's in high action mode.

Right now, she's napping on my chest (seems to be her favorite place to nap) and I'm trying to figure out how to get back to sewing without disturbing her. LOL She is running my life these days but I think it's in a good way. LOL

Last edited by Ldyrev1; 04-08-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Ldyrev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!