View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
darlenejmnz
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default first time dog owner with lots of questions

Hey everyone, I found this website a few weeks back and have learned so much from reading all these threads. Unfortunately I do have a lot of questions that I need help with and I wanted to post them all in one post. Any or all questions that you can answer will be great.

BTW a little background on me is that I'm a 21 year old student living in south florida and I will be getting a male yorkie in mid May. Im not 100% sure on his name yet (more like 98%) but I think I'm going to name him Joey with Thatcher as his middle name. Is that silly? Did anyone else give their Yorkie a middle name?

Anyway here are the questions (they are kind of random):

1. What do you think of me having the puppy pee on a puppy pad in my balcony?
-I live in an apartment (btw I will be getting netting for the balcony and he will always be on a leash) and instead of taking him out where other dogs pee I was wondering If I could put a pee pad in a pee pad holder on my balcony and walk him out there to pee and also have a pee pad inside. Would that confuse him?

2. If I cut off water after 7pm for example do I still need to take him out to pee in the middle of the night if he goes to bed lets say 2 or 3 hours after that.

3. If I wake him up at 6am at about what time should I put him down to sleep? How many hours does a 9-12 week puppy sleep?

4. What kid of brush should I buy him? Can you recommend any in particular or add an image so I get an idea.

Honestly I had more questions but my mind went blank right now so I will add them later but is there any advice you guys have for me? I have never owned a dog before.

Thanks again!
darlenejmnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!