View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
smithj1000
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I just flew in to Philadelphia from O'Hare this weekend. There was the cutest Yorkie on the plane tucked neatly under the seat in his/her carrier barking up a storm as people were boarding the plane. I immediately zeroed on everything I could possibly see because I envisioned myself in this situation soon. As usual, everyone was so smitten with his cuteness, and the fact that he was on the plane, that no one seemed to mind all the barking. After everyone took their seat he settled down and I never heard another peep from him.

His Mom had an isle seat so we were walking very close to him as we passed to get to our seats. I don't think he liked that at all and that's what caused all the chaos. After everyone sat down, so did he, and he turned out to be quite a good little traveler.

Perhaps you might request a window seat so he won't be affected by all the people boarding the plane and away from the bathrooms where the door opening/closing may startle him. Also, he won't be disturbed by anyone walking to the restroom after takeoff since he'll be away from the isle.

I'm sure others who are more experienced will have better suggestions. I just thought I'd share my experience with the sweet little traveler who was on his way to Philly this past Saturday.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!