View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
Nancy, is distilled water totally different from bottled water? I've tried the Gerber water & I think it helped a little...might need to drop by Walmart or Target to get a few bottles today...Turbo's eye boogers are huge & Momo's been so teary eyed lately.
Yes, bottled water can have as many minerals as local tap water. Bottled water is usually just filtered water and filtered water just takes out "contaminants" such as pesticides and other things like fluoride and chorine. It doesn’t remove minerals. Water that is purified through distillation or reverse osmosis has the minerals removed. Some companies put a few minerals back for taste. I would test Joey monthly on tap water and around the age of 1 year I was able to use regular tap water without any tearing. He hadn't had any tearing until we did a food switch and that affected his eyes really bad. We switched back, and his eyes are good again. Some people swear by the distilled water for older dogs as well, I guess it just depends on the dog and your local water.

Join today and remove this ad!