View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #21
MickeyTheYork
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByJezebel View Post
Right now she's in an ex-pen that is large enough for her bed, a pee-pad, and a water bowl. She's been pretty good about the confinement. She stays in almost all day and all night. She is allowed to leave it to go to the bathroom and at times when she is going to be heavily supervised. I will let her lay next to me on the sofa (in her bed) when I'm watching TV, but I have her tethered to my arm so that she can't suddenly jump off. This morning she was crying, which is so unlike her, so I took her for a bathroom break and then brought her to bed with me for a while (tethered also).

She only had surgery on Tuesday, so we are nowhere near getting rid of the crate. Until it heals completely (6-8 weeks), she has to be prevented from running and jumping.

The bandage will be removed after 5 days, then the stitches come out on day 10 - 14. When the stitches come out, I'm assuming the cone can come off. The cone stays on, but the doctor said it could come off when she out to use the bathroom, I guess because during that time you must have them on a leash and you will be keeping a very close eye on them and can stop them from licking if they look like they might try. She has adjusted to wearing the cone very well.

Other than that, it took 2 days after her surgery to finally poop, and today (3 days after surgery) she started bearing some weight on the limb and walking a little better when she goes out to potty. She was pretty unsure of herself on Wednesday and Thursday.
Great info, and once again wishing your baby the best!!!
MickeyTheYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!