View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiesMom View Post
I didn't even have to read your post - I just read the title and said, out loud to the computer screen, "Yup. Probably."

I mean, don't we all? They have us trained and they know it lol
LOL Terri .... I did the same thing but I dont talk to my computer, that would just be crazy.

But in my head I said: " If you have to ask than the answer it Yes ! "

The worse thing you can do when trying to teach a pup to be independent is to take them out of their cage or x-pen when they are whining and crying. They must learn to sooth themselves and you must learn to deal with it the best you can and to ignore them when they in that state of mind. You are not only adding to their temper tantrum you are teaching them that if they whine long enough that they will get their way. (Just like a child) The behavior is learned by how you react to them when they are doing it. You never reward them when they are in a frantic state of mind but only when they are calm. By you giving into the whining he now knows that it works. He'll continue to do it until you make the choice to ignore it.

We all know how hard it is to ignore our babies when they are crying but as long as they are fed, warm, safe and sound they will be fine. Its not easy I know, I've been there lots of times but if you want a well balanced pup it worth it.

Ok , Im done going all Cesar on you all now !!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!