View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
HunterTheBiewer
Yorkie Yakker

Confused wish us luck lol (i'm going to need it!)

i posted a long time ago about our (then) new Biewer yorkie...his name is Hunter. the breeder i got him from claims he was housebroken but so not the case....well Hunter is now 2 and i will be perfectly honest life got in the way and i just took the easy (lazy?) way out and stuck a belly band on him and moved on with life

but now i'm seeing the error of my way and i really want to teach him to go outside...is it too late? for the last 2 days i've been treating him like a puppy...he's officially on housebreaking bootcamp LOL

taking him out every couple hours....keeping him either tethered to me or in the crate....no free feeding, only twice a day.....NO more chances to go in the house or in his belly band!!!

is it possible to teach a 2 year old yorkie to go outside? any idea how long this might take? I've heard stories on opposite ends of the spectrum with one side saying it will take longer because he's got a habit of going inside and then the other side saying it wont take as long because he's older and will pick up on it quicker

any ideas? trips? encouragement? LOL

either way ...i'm ready to deal with this head on with a clean slate!!
HunterTheBiewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!